Thursday 19 June 2014

LIGHTNING DOES STRIKE BLOG SPOT

After England's issues with lightning, it did for me last week when a thunderbolt took out our local transformer and did for my broadband, supplied by SKY. Apparently SKY only has a certain "capacity" at the exchange and whilst BT subscribers either side of me continued to have broadband and I have to wait until July 7th to get back on line. BT has more capacity at the excahnge and since they own the thing I'm not surprised their customers get preferential treatment. So I made it to a local library and am dealing with a comptuer whose cursor has a mind of its own. I know there are some errors in this but the only way I can get to them is by using the back button.....
Uruguay, Fray Bentos, Suarez-past masters at World Cup football-see 1930s, but England has Steven Gerrard, at 113 caps, two away from Beckham's record. It could rain in Sao (San) Paulo, so Roy Hodgson remarks that it could be just right for the lads from Manchester. Spain are out, England could still qualify if they lose tonight, but we don't need another few days of nail biting. PS The referee is Spanish; he may be smarting from his country's exit or the delight of knowing that back home there is a new monarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment