Friday 30 January 2015

IT'S NOT SO POINTLESS.

It does make sense, watching Pointless on a cold winter's evening. I might have got a low score on US states or Famous Williams but I know I would have succeeded on the name endings of Football League Clubs; you know, Tottenham Hotspur, Sheffield Wednesday. 
So this evening they had Stockport C......Hereford U....,Lincoln C......, Kidderminster H.... and Gainsborough T....... WHAT?
I chose Gainsborough Trinity and it was a low scorer. 
But what else? I have mentioned a few recently in previous Blogs, such as Glossop North End, so do you know Burton S.......? Leicester F.........? not City, Burslem PV........? Woolwich A.........? Walsall TS........? Middlesborough I.....? 
You will get the Woolwich one if you know a little bit about football and I have mentioned Burton S before. Northwich Victoria was also a league side and the names above appeared in the first years of the Football League tables up to 1893-4.

There was a Burton Wanderers and later a Burton United. Port Vale is one of the few clubs not to be based at the name place, Vale, of course, has the ground at Burslem, one of the Five Towns. 
How many other FL suffixes can you find? Town, United, City etc. EASY.

No comments:

Post a Comment