Tuesday 17 October 2017

NO HYDEING PLACE FOR THE DONS?

I'm not claiming to be VERY topical but writing about the FA Cup on the weekend of the last Qualifying Round and then having the draw on the Monday, means I'm pretty much on the button. To add ammo to this, Hyde United hosted the BBC and the Emirates FA Cup First Round Proper draw last night. There was a roar from the home team when they drew MK Dons at home-yes, the offshoot of Wimbledon AFC-FA Cup winners of course.

I raked out a couple of Hyde United related blogs from a little while back and reminded myself that I made the effort to get to watch Hyde in 2016
http://baileyfootballblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/hyde-and-seek.html
http://baileyfootballblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/fa-cup-brings-more-coincidences.html
The 26-0 defeat to Preston all those years ago is always an attraction to an "anorak".
What of Ossett Town? Yes, I watched them in the Trophy very recently and then have drawn Wycombe Wanderers if they beat Solihull Moors in their replay. Yesterday's "topic", Truro City, play away at Charlton.
Don't you get a slight shiver when you see these Non-League clubs take on the bigger boys? I do. Sutton are away at Cambridge United and Shaw Lane Association meet Mansfield Town (I watched the Bucks at Buxton last weekend and the Shaw Lane "Ducks" meet the Mansfield Stags).

No comments:

Post a Comment