Monday 3 August 2015

IT MUST BE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE LOCAL WATER.

I got one of those door to door deliveries a couple of days ago. I think it was Hermes or one of those companies where local people in their VW Golf or often driving something less exotic arrive at your front door and give you a parcel.

I remembered the last time I was waiting for a parcel sent to me from Pembrokeshire. It was a long wait and quite urgent, so I eventually had to go to the “hub”, which happened to be a private garage in Penistone, to pick it up. I arrived, got my parcel, had a chat with the nice lady and found out that her son played for Sheffield United and England U18s. This small town gem in South Yorkshire is churning out the stars. Don't forget local lad John Stones will you!
How can you forget Stones? I keep mentioning him!

So Louis Reed? Local boy makes good as a midfielder and at 18 he has just signed a 3 year contract for the Blades encouraged by Nigel Adkins' arrival and the new manager's impressive presence at the Sheffield club.
Reed has been at United since he was youngster in their academy and at 16 years and 257 days he is the youngest player to represent the club in any competition, making his debut on April 8th 2014 against local rivals Rotherham. So far he has made 31 appearances for Sheffield and 4 for England.

One of his recent appearances for his country was against Russia in June at the Arena Khimki, Moscow. His parents and brother almost missed the game having been delayed at the airport by “red tape”. But they got their and saw their boy make a significant contribution to an away victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment