Wednesday 21 June 2017

GOAL NETS AND PARALLEL SHADES

I got a few responses over the pitch size blog and the headman at Liverpool FC's training ground, David Roberts, put me right on a couple of points. That's done and dusted so to speak, though he did tell me that the PL has a ruling on "parallel shades" which make reference to the mowing patterns left by some enthusiastic groundsmen who clearly have got too much time on their hands!
The PL says, keep the lines simple and across the pitch to aid referee's and assistants making decisions! Yes, that puts pay to the crop circles and diagonals-it makes sense.
Recognise this pitch (easy) and the one above!
So now we go onto NETS and the letter "what I sent" to the Daily Telegraph whose letters' page yesterday had a submission from a gentlemen exalting the inventions that had come from Bolton! He included goal-nets; I looked that up, could not find a reference to Bolton (he may know more than me) so I replied with what I know about nets and got published.

Here is the letter of reply:


No comments:

Post a Comment