Sunday 11 December 2016

NICKNAME


I was with David Howells yesterday at a do, and today at home when I turned open the Shoot Annual for 1996 I came to a page titled "Nicknames". Why was I playing around with the Shoot Annual? Attic clear out session after going up their to get the Xmas decorations! Standard event isn't it? Now I never got to know David's nickname at Spurs but he often referred to Darren Anderson as "Sick note" because he was often injured. The Shoot Annual reminded me that he was also called "Shaggy" because of his dress sense, which was scruffy. Another Shaggy was Steve McManaman from Liverpool. His Liverpool team mate, Rob Jones was Trigger, because he was a bit slow on the uptake!

We all know that Stuart Pearce was Psycho but what about Terry Phelan, remember him? Who at Manchester City was Angry Ant. Niall Quinn explains that this was because he was small and used to screw his face up to make himself look angry, although he never actually got angry very often!

Well, there are a few nicknames for you to think about......he must be struggling for something to write about you may ask.....you are correct! I could follow on from yesterday's blog and say that the weekend goal total record for the PL was not challenged today. Too many 1-0s, I could tell you that the Hepworth U13s snatched a 4-3 win from the jaws of defeat in the local league cup, but I'm leaving you to think about club nicknames. I have done this before; who are the Chairboys, the Pirates, the Saddlers and the Cobblers and how did Spurs get their name? More tomorrow?
No idea what this is all about.....Shaggy?



No comments:

Post a Comment